About ACTIGLIPT 20mg Tablet
ACTIGLIPT 20MG contain Teneligliptin which belongs to a group of medicine called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors or gliptins. It is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults. Type 2 diabetes mellitus is a condition in which your body does not make enough insulin, and or the insulin produce does not work. When this happens, your body make too much of sugar (i.e. glucose) which get build up in the blood resulting in serious health problem.
ACTIGLIPT 20MG works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas and decreasing the hormones that raise blood sugar levels. This combined effect results in effective control of Type 2 diabetes. The most common side effects are constipation, stomach ache, nausea, flatulence (passing wind), diarrhoea. This medicine is strictly not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 18 years. Your blood sugar will be monitored by your periodically, with regular blood test, including your blood sugar level and your hemoglobin A1C.
Stay on exercise and diet as prescribed by your doctor while taking this medicine. ACTIGLIPT 20MG must be taken after food and try to take at the same time each day. It should be swallowed whole with water. Do not crush or chew the medicine. Before taking this medicine, tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney disease, heart disease, or pancreas problems. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine.
USES OF ACTIGLIPT 20MG
- Treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults
HOW ACTIGLIPT 20MG WORKS
ACTIGLIPT 20MG works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas and decreasing the hormones that raise blood sugar levels. This combined effect results in effective control of Type 2 diabetes.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Always take ACTIGLIPT 20MG exactly as your doctor has told you. This medicine must be taken after food and try to take at the same time each day. It should be swallowed whole with water. Do not crush or chew the medicine.
SIDE EFFECTS OF ACTIGLIPT 20MG
- Abdominal swelling, stomach-ache
- Flatulence (passing wind)
- Inflammation of the mouth and lips
- Gastric polyp (abnormal growths on the inner lining of your stomach)
- Colon polyp (an abnormal growth of tissues in the lining of the bowel)
- Crater (ulcer) in the lining of the beginning of the small intestines
- Reflux esophagitis (inflammation or irritation of the esophagus when the stomach contents and acids back up into the esophagus)
- Increased amylase, lipase
- Positive ketone body in urine, diabetic ketoacidosis
- Eczema, rash, pruritus, allergic dermatitis
- Increased serum potassium, fatigue, increased serum uric acid
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Take fibre rich foods such as fresh fruit, vegetables and cereals, and drink plenty of water. Exercise more regularly.
Try to rest and relax. Eat and drink slowly or have smaller and frequent meal. Applying a heat pad or covered hot water bottle on your stomach. If still pain persists, speak to your doctor.
Feeling sick (nausea):
Keep try taking this medicine with, or just after, a meal or snack and stick to simple meals and do not eat rich or spicy food.
Flatulence (passing wind):
Eat smaller and frequent meals. Eat and drink slowly, and exercise regularly. If the symptom get worse, contact your doctor straight away.
Drink lot of fluid such as water or squash, to avoid dehydration. Do not take any other medicine without talking to a doctor.
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
ACTIGLIPT 20MG should be used with caution in pregnant women. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
ACTIGLIPT 20MG should be avoided by breastfeeding mothers (transition to milk has been reported in laboratory animals). It is advised to consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
DRIVING AND USING MACHINES
Do not drive or operate machinery while taking this medicine, since it may cause drowsiness and sleepiness.
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with ACTIGLIPT 20MG.
ACTIGLIPT 20MG should be used with caution in patients suffering from active kidney diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
ACTIGLIPT 20MG should be used with caution in patients suffering from liver function impairment or active liver diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
Do not take ACTIGLIPT 20MG if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Teneligliptin or any other ingredients in this medicine.
ACTIGLIPT 20MG should be used with caution in patients suffering from active heart diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
Tell your doctor if you have or had a condition such as,
- Severe ketosis, diabetic coma or history of diabetic coma, type 1 diabetic patient
- Severe infection, surgery, severe trauma (blood sugars control should preferably be done by insulin)
- Pituitary insufficiency or adrenal insufficiency, poor nutritional state, starvation, an irregular dietary intake, or debilitating condition, intense muscle movement
- History of abdominal surgery or with a history of bowel obstructions (may cause bowel obstruction)
- Have uncontrolled diabetes (e.g. severe hyperglycaemia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, rapid weight loss, lactic acidosis)
Talk to your doctor if you are taking,
- Β-blocking agents, salicylic acid drugs, monoamine oxidase inhibitor (enhance the blood glucose lowering effect)
- Steroids, adrenaline, adrenocortical hormone, thyroid hormone (helps to decrease hypoglycaemic action)
- Other diabetic medicines (such as combination with glimepiride, pioglitazone, glinides, biguanides, αglucosidase inhibitor, sulfonylurea)
- Antiarrhythmic drugs
- Ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infection)
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.